What is Google Analytics?Google Analytics is a free service that lets website operators view statistics on the use of their site, e.g. user numbers, frequently accessed pages or the origin of visitors. These statistics help you to better understand the behaviour and the needs of your customers and to optimise your website accordingly.
How do I use Google Analytics?To use Google Analytics for your website, you first need to log in to Google and specify some basic information about your site on the Analytics website. You receive a tracking ID which you then enter in the administration area of your website. You then determine which subpages of your website are to be recorded by Google Analytics. From this moment on, use of your website is statistically recorded and you can view all statistics on the Analytics website.
How to incorporate Google Analytics on your website1. Under www.google.com/analytics create a new user account or log in to an existing Google account.
2. This step only needs to be performed if you have already linked other websites to Google Analytics: Select Manage, then the dropdown menu under Account and then Create new account.
3. Fill in the registration form and select Get Tracking ID.
4. Accept the usage conditions of Google Analytics.
5. The Tracking ID will now be displayed. Copy these.
6. Enter the administration area of your website and in the main menu select Marketing and then Google Analytics.
7. In the Web Property ID field enter the tracking ID.
8. Save your data.
9. Select the Page cache: Update now button at the top.
Google Analytics now enters the statistics for your website. You can log in to the Google Analytics site and view the statistics.
To be able to us Google Analytics, your website must have its own domain.
Check yourself whether the use of Google Analytics is permitted by data privacy laws in your country.
On your data privacy page, indicate that your website uses Google Analytics. For more information, see How do I edit the privacy information?