How to assign an individual product to a category1. In the administration area in the main menu, select Products and then Products.
2. The table shows an overview of all products in your online shop. Select the product number of the product you want to edit.
3. Select Categories.
4. Select Assign categories.
5. On the right you can see all categories and subpages of your online shop. Tick each category/subpage you wish to assign the product to.
6. Use the option List the current product in the selected categories first if necessary.
7. Select Apply.
8. If you have assigned the product to several categories, you can sort them. For more information, see How do I sort list entries and change their order? Sorting is done for the following reasons:
- The first category is shown in the navigation history (breadcrumb) of the product page if the product is not called up via a category page.
- The function "Also search this category:" on the product page uses the order you have determined.
9. Save the changes.
The product is now added to the desired categories.
How to assign several products to the same category1. In the administration area in the main menu, select Products and then Products.
2. The table shows an overview of all products in your online shop. In the left-hand column, select the products that you wish to assign to the category.
3. Select the lower part of the Assign button and then Assign to category...
4. Select the desired category from the Category option.
5. Select Assign.
The products are now added to the desired category.